Friday 6 September 2013

Message from Mum

This week I haven't been able to put pen to paper and write to Elder Robertson as he'd forgotten his address on Monday, email day.  The days following, I have found myself really missing writing and although I could just write a letter to him and post when I have the address, I don't want to ... There's no pleasing some people! haha  I've actually been stalking his blog, you know, this blog, the one I write ... Is it Monday yet? Monday really can't come quick enough!! It seems really strange to be wishing the weekend away ... surely that's only felt by missionary mums, moms and mammas!

Yesterday Elder Robertson transferred to his new area, Luzern. He'll be serving with Elder Fahl who's German.

I love being a missionary mum.  Sometimes though, I wish I could be a fly on the wall somewhere and just watch the events of just one of his days.  Last Sunday we had our local missionaries over for dinner.  They are the bees knees.  It was one of their birthdays and it was such a blessing to make sure they had dinner, birthday cake and someone being kind to them.  We were talking about how I miss not seeing any part of Elder Robertson's days.  Elder E came back with a great response saying 'you see our day and his is just like that!' Of course, he hit the nail right on the head!  I've been thinking about that a lot since.

These wonderful missionaries, well sadly Elder L left us yesterday for pastures new and was replaced by Elder S, anyway ... these missionaries have become really good friends with my friends and are doing an amazing job in teaching them the gospel.  My friends have been so kind to them and I am not surprised because they are just really lovely people.  Of course the missionaries are really kind to them too.  The following scripture comes to mind:

22 Wherefore, he that preacheth and he that receiveth, understand one another, and both are aedified and brejoice together. D&C 50:22

And I can see it.  I see the truth in this scripture, I can actually see it in action.  I have witnessed it in my own experience of being taught the gospel and I see it in with my friends and the missionaries serving now.  They do understand one another, they are both edified and I see the rejoicing time after time.  It is so wonderful to see both my friends so happy and also the missionaries feeling this great joy of bringing souls unto Christ.  

I know as Elder Robertson shares the gospel with those prepared to hear the message, he will be having these exact same experiences and this exact JOY.  I am convinced that nothing compares to these feelings.

Bis Montag!!




2 comments:

  1. Lovely post (hey look, no secrets!) and that is one of my favorite scriptures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd forgotten about the blog too ... You're right, NO secrets! Haha.

      Delete